Navigate Up
Sign In

Places of Interest

Girgor Bonici Palace – Built in 1659 also known as ‘Aedes Danielis’.
Summer house of GranMaster Perellos - Casa Perellos, built in 1710 by Grandmaster Perellos so that from its’ balcony he could enjoy the procession dedicated to Saint Gregory.
 
Villa Cagliares (1620) – Built by bishop Baldasar Cagliares as country residence.
Vendome Tower – Built in 1715 by the Knight of the Order of Saint John, Philippe de Vendome. Today it is a private residence.
 
Musuems
Saint Catherine Parish Church Museum
 
Theaters
Pandora theater which forms part of Iż-Żejtun Band Club
 
Theater Juventutis Domus built in 1820 and recently renovated.  This theater is used on a regular bases.
Other attractions
 
Th monument which was built in memory of those who where killed during the war in Republic Square, Iż-Żejtun
 
The Cross was brought at Misrah Girgor Bonici from Il-Kalkara by the people of Iż-Żejtun in memory of the attack launched on the French who at that time occupied the Maltese islands.
 
Roman remains which where found in Carlo Diacono Junior Lyceum
 
Olive Oil Press which is a simbol of the name of Iż-Żejtun which can be found behind the Parish Church in Thirteen December Square
 
Areas know as Il-Ġwiedi, Il-Ħerba and Xejba are interesting zones in Iż-Żejtun as typical Maltese streets.